About NHOU® – Fast-Cure RUST CONVERTER
Over time, everything will deteriorate in one form or another. When it comes to your car, corrosion is your worst enemy. Luckily, there are products to protect and remove rust from your car’s vulnerable pieces. Each project is unique, so making an informed decision about what product you need is crucial. Here’s one!
What is Rust?
Also known as Iron Oxide, this is an instance of a chemical reaction wherein your iron oxidizes in the presence of Oxygen and water. In the event of an Iron Oxide, this lacks characteristics of the iron material.
This will eventually spread into your material. If you were not able to treat this, then rust will give you a total failure on the component that is affected.
How Does Rust Converter Works?
Rust converters are made to remove existing rusts. It will also prevent your materials from getting severely damaged. There is an ingredient that a rust converter has, and that is Tannic which is seen in the form of tannic acid.
Tannic acids are usually combined with Iron Oxide that will form a stable compound which is called Tannate.
Tannate is typically black compared to the color of the rust.
Rust converters usually come with a polymer that serves as a protective layer. This is also a compound that is made to risen the chemical process with the tannic acid.
Overall, a rust converter is a chemical solution that you can use on iron or an iron alloy. This will convert the rust on the material into a protective chemical barrier.
NHOU® Rust converter is a rust-inhibiting coating that converts rusted metal in 20 minutes into a rust retarding, paintable surface. When applied to rusted surfaces, iron oxide (rust) is chemically changed to iron phosphate, an inert, hard substance that turns the metal black. This increases the paint adhesion and durability of the coating. covers up to 500 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Rust Preventive
- Fastest cure times on the market
- Prepares rusted metal for NHOU® Undercoating or paint
- Water-based; Nonhazardous
- designed to work in conjunction with NHOU® products
Things That You Can Use NHOU® Rust Converter on
NHOU® Rust converter can be used on a rusty iron or a rusty steal. Aside from this, you can also use the rust converter in other things like the following;
- Fences and gates
- Iron railings
- Cast iron
- Metal sheet
- Outsides of tanks
- Lawn equipment
- Mower deck
- Farm equipment
Benefits of Rust Converter & Remover
- Save time. If you’re doing bodywork or trying to salvage a corroded car part, your alternative to chemical removal is usually grinding the rust off. This is not only a more time-consuming process, but you also risk damaging the original piece.
- Built-in primer. Rust converters also double as a metal primer for the metal parts you’re restoring. This means that applying the converter will save your materials from spreading corrosion and any further damage it could cause.
- Save money. If your parts or tools are saved from future corrosion, then they’ll have a longer life span. This not only keeps your pieces in good working condition but will ultimately save you in replacement costs.
- Rustoration. Restoring antique cars is one of the best do-it-yourself projects. When you’re dealing with old parts, you’re almost guaranteed to find rust and corrosion. Showcasing the rust converter before and after pictures can be a great addition to show off your restoration work.
FOR BEST RESULTS
Do not use when the temperature is below 36°F.
Surfaces clean and dry